Saturday, May 20, 2006

Try it Tuesday work


Well, I tried the technique again and am much happier with this 4th piece. It is a 10x14 canvas. I first adhered a page of Chinese newspaper and then did a peeling paper technique taught by Claudine Hellmuth. This peeled bits of the text away and gave some texture. Since I'm new to blogger, I don't know if you can click on the image to make it larger. If so, you'll get a better picture with the text showing through. Then, I started laying on washes of color. I used 2 shades of yellows, 3 shades of reds, a moss green and copper. The gesso stamping worked beautifully on this piece. I love this stamp. It was sent to me by an artist living in Japan so, techniqually, I've mixed languages on the piece but unless you read Chinese and Japanese, who knows? :) I'm wanting to do a line drawing of an oriental girl's face but I'm trying to get up my nerve! I'm totally new to drawing faces. And I'm so in love with this canvas now, I don't want to ruin it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home