Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It's about time...


Well, I've had a "blog" for a while with Xanga but haven't been so crazy about it. I've wanted to switch to Blogspot for a while now but just haven't made the time to set anything up. I'll have to work on it more later since it's been a long day and I want to go soak in the tub! I did, however, want to do my first photo post!

I just finished a piece artwork that was very fun to do. I've admired the work of Tom Phillips for a while now and have wanted to try altering a book page using the existing text to create new meaning and visuals to what I discovered amongst the text. I finally tried it. It took quite a while looking at several pages in a book of works by Emerson. I kept reading and waiting for words to pop out at me that actually made some kind of rational sense. So, this is my first attempt. It is on a 4x6 canvas which I did some random rubber stamping on first before collaging used tea bags onto it. I then mounted the book page and masked out the words I wanted to keep. I then stamped the "eye" and did some painting to cover the remaining text. When it was dry, I removed the masking fluid revealing my new message. I'm happy with the way it turned out. Looks sorta' mysterious, I think. In case you can't read what I created within the text, it says "in the sunshine, eyes see the images in your memory and discover the reality of the mind."

1 Comments:

Blogger katie said...

this turned out great, angie!! it does look mysterious and what a fascinating message in the words you left. i look forward to seeing more.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home